Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Heavy lifting

October is Vedder River time! I just returned home from two days in Canada fishing what I think is one of the best Chinook fisheries south of Alaska. If you remember my posts from this time last year I talked of one of my favorite trips of the year. The Vedder (AKA Chillawack) is a medium sized river that flows out of the mountains thru the town of Chillawack into the Fraser. Every fall they receive a run of "white" kings. They are called white because their flesh is all white. Some people say that are very good to eat but I would disagree, mainly because they have been in the fresh water for several weeks with out eating. But they put up a great tustle. This trip was a really good one. Monday rained hard, so the river came up four to five inches but we found fish in the lower river with a little looking. Today was the complete polar opposite of yesterday, sun and fun! After a little exploration we found a ton of fish in a spot up river. We fish this spot for ten hours non stop. We only quit due to exhaustion and fading daylight. I will be back up next week so expect another report.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home