Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Fort Casey

08/10/2004

I spent the day fishing again at Fort Casey on Whidbey island. We started at around 3:00 to catch the 3:59 tide change. On his third cast grant hooked a nice silver with a one ounce white Krockadile spoon. He lost it right away. Half an hour later I landed a 6lb. silver on a fresh herring under a float. I hooked two more in the next hour and a half and lost both due to broken leaders. Both where nice fish to. Grant switched to herring and immediately landed a beautifully 10lb silver. It had a hook nose already! On his very next cast Grant had a great take down that striped his herring off the hook. I looked over and asked if it felt like a good strike. I looked back at my float and I was getting hit. I set the hook into a good fish, I knew this was a different fish right away and I was right. It was a 7lb summer run steelhead! Great fight and it was a hatchery fish to. Grant landed one more smaller silver for his limit and the surf was getting worse so we called it a day. Not bad for early August!

I'm going back to see if I can do as good tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home